Flourless Dark Chocolate Torte with Cabernet Sauvignon
By Melissa Leung
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Resting Time: 1 hour & 5 min | Total Time: 1 hour & 55 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the oven baking rack in the center of the oven.
2. Butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper and butter the paper to ensure the cake will come out of the pan easily once baked.
3. Place a heat-safe glass or metal bowl over a pot of barely simmering water to create a double boiler. Add the chopped chocolate to the bowl along with the butter. Stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and a smooth chocolate mixture forms.
4. Remove the bowl from the double boiler and whisk the sugar, salt, and wine into chocolate mixture until smooth.
5. Add the eggs to the bowl, one at a time, whisking until each egg is incorporated before adding another one.
6. Sift the cocoa powder and baking powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and use a spatula to smooth out the top. Bake the cake in center of the oven 25-30 minutes, or until top has formed a crust (similar to a brownie) and the edges of the cake are a slightly darker brown.
8. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the cake onto a serving plate. Remove the parchment paper and let the cake cool for 1 hour.
9. Slice the cake and serve with a glass of Free Form Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy!